|
So my mission today was to find something particularly joyful in my process. And I looked at lots of references, and thought about a journal page vs a painting, and ultimately remembered that piece of copper I failed with earlier this summer.
And in typical OCD fashion, I decided that was what I would solve today, figuring out that whole acrylics meet copper conundrum*, with lots of trial and error, no expectations, so that it could be total fun.
And the conundrum was solved. Not only did I get paint to adhere, but I accidentally discovered a gorgeous effect while trying to forcefully rub the paint off the surface, and I am now looking for a copper panel source.
Plus, umm, you HAVE to walk past this one to fully appreciate it. I kid you not.
You WILL see more of these.
And you WILL see more playing.
Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim
*copper panels have been used for millenium with oil paints. Everything I've read, and the majority of artists I talked to, use copper with oils and lead based paint. I was determined to figure out a means to use my acrylics with copper - and over time it involved some losses..... and ultimately a key win!
|
Comments
Post a Comment