Skip to main content

Tanning Bed


 

"Tanning Bed," from the "Cherished" series, 4" x 12", acrylic on museum quality panel, depicting two Boxers, available for $329 to the first taker.

 
In process views of this painting are updated on thestudio's Facebook page.

 
Inquiries can always come to me!!! And thank you!!

 
 

 
The Cherished series is shaping up nicely. I'll have to create a space on my website where you can browse all the images, but meanwhile I did add links to theinspiration photos shared on Facebook.

 
If you would like to submit your companion animal to the series, send non-flash photos to me. All the details are outlined in an earlier post on my blog. And you can see the candidates for the series of paintings on the studio Facebook page inside the "Cherish" photo album.

 
Thanks, as always, for supporting and sharing my art with your friends and family,
Kim

 
PS If you were planning on accepting the Daily Paintworks Challenge, you have plenty of time - it's an open ended sorta thing, so don't stress about having to clear your calendar to do it this week. All of the challenges are set up this way, so that you can get to them when you are in the frame of mind to benefit the mostest.

 
PSS In case you didn't hear earlier, my live paint scheduled for this weekend in Frankenmuth has been cancelled. I apologize for anyone planning to attend, but the circumstances were beyond my control.
 


"What the...," the first painting in the Cherished series.
 

ArtPrize - My Big News


I'm delighted to finally share that my "Cherished" paintings (those remaining unsold) will be travelling to Grand Rapids, Michigan, this fall as part of ArtPrize.

 
If you are not familiar with ArtPrize, it's a festival that takes over 3 square miles. Businesses and property owners within the perimeter are matched with artists, and unbelievable installations, indoor and out, using a variety of media and styles, occur as a result. Other events, like presentations, live demos and art walks happen in conjunction with ArtPrize. Yes, there are prizes (both juried and people's choice), but to me the true prize is being a participant and bringing my new body of work into a new community.

 
My work will be hung in the public area of the MVP Metro Club in downtown Grand Rapids. I'm sharing the space with Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson - and wait'll you see the animal themed work she is creating!

 
We will piggyback an artists talk (both of us gabbing the same night) which has yet to be scheduled, but I'll keep you posted.

 
Meanwhile, I can take a deep breath and relax because the cat is out of the bag. And get back to my easel because I have lotsa art to make!


Comments

  1. Oh bien dites donc ces deux toutous sont en extase... Ils semblent apprécier leur sieste !
    Et dans la dernière peinture j'ai l'impression que ce berger allemand s'étonne un peu de la présence de ce matou ...
    Deux très belles peintures.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use a siesta after spending the day putting in the veggie garden and cleaning up the yard!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...