Skip to main content

Bed Head (Muffin)



"Bed Head (Muffin)," from the "Cherished" series of paintings, 11" x 14", acrylic on museum quality panel, $599 to the first one asking nicely. That is, if Muffin's family decides to pass on the painting - they get first dibs.

SOLD.
"Pleases" and "Mother May I's" can come to me, and I'll start a wait list for Little Miss Muffin.

In process views of "Bed Head" can be seen on the studio's Facebook page.


Muffin was part of a litter found by the Humane Society in a coal mine. She's now enjoying a wonderful life with her adoptive family.

There are so many wonderful animals waiting for their forever homes in shelters across the world. 

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Kim



Other Possible Titles


Over on Facebook earlier today I asked for help in titling Muffin's painting. Here are a few of the suggestions I received:

Comfort and Joy
Waiting
It's My Couch - They Just Don't Know it Yet
Cozy
Couch Potato
Are They Home Yet?

Comments

  1. J'aime la position de détente qu'a ce charmant Muffin... Les couleurs sont toujours aussi vibrantes et apportent une vitalité et un charme fou à cette peinture.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martine, I think we both adore color equally!! You use the same in your paintings! :) Kim

      Delete
  2. Awwwwh! precious Love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...