Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. At first the paintings were mostly dogs, but over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, children and other treasured heirlooms.

And yes, I accept commissions!

You are invited to sign up using the links at the left to receive the dailies via email or follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Dress Rehearsal

 
 

 
"Dress Rehearsal," 8" x 12", acrylic on museum quality panel, depicting The Princess and a few cohorts in costume. This painting is not for sale.
 

I've uploaded plenty of in process pics on the studio's Facebook page.

 
This is quite a diversion from my usual subject matter, I know, but spending a full day with these ladies earlier this week was too inspiring to let linger for long. I plan to do reproductions with this image as a fundraiser for her dance studio, so stay tuned.

 
And just you wait until I paint her "Warrior Princess" costume - a turquoise tutu topped with an embroidered magenta silk kimono.

 
Inquiries are always welcomed - shoot an email in my direction.



The Princess joined a dance team over the summer, and this weekend marks her first competition.

 
So last nite and into the wee hours, instead of packing suitcases and inventorying costume parts, I spent quality time at the easel with a chorus line of "Renegades" (inspired by a photo I took at Monday's dress rehearsal).

 
I was up far too early today making up for lost time. And making sure we had all those costume parts.

 
I have my sketchbook and journal supplies packed, though!

 
Hoping your weekend includes a little dance and beauty,
Kim
 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......