Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Poppy


"Poppy," 8" x 12," done in acrylics on a museum quality panel, depiting a yellow lab, dreaming of no-place-like-home. This painting is available for $529 to the first one asking nicely. 

And if nobody snags this painting as is, I may change that drape to green......

In process pics - lots of them - are on the studio's Facebook page. Feel free to comment - ask about my process (arbitratray and unpremeditated) or what sort of music I was listening to (Rickie Lee Jones) or whatever you wish (coconut macaroons).

Happy weekend,
Kim, who is already cheering the LOHS Dragon football team on, even though the state semi-finals game is tomorrow afternoon


PS I woke up on Saturday (the day after I posted this) and decided I wasn't happy with the drape being the same color scheme (roughly) as Poppy, so I repainted it. I also modified the front of the couch so that it wasn't in such a flat shadow zone. I am MUCH happier with the painting - what do you think?



Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......