|
"Macy's Chicken," 8" x 10", acrylics on museum quality panel, commissioned portrait of a terrier. One of my last holiday commissions needing shipment! things are all on track, at least for the moment.
Tomorrow night is our town's holiday parade (apparently the largest lighted holiday parade in the country), and both The Caped Crusader and The Princess will be marching, a first for us. The weather promises to be mild, and I'm looking forward to catching a little holiday cheer without risking frostbite like last year. And I won't lie, the best part will be seeing The Caped Crusader in a milkshake costume - he's marching with the Culver's contingent (the local fast food restaurant and his employer).
Hmmm, maybe a pic of that will make our Christmas card this year......
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for your interest in my artwork,
Kim
|
“Katie’s Moustache,” 6x12, pet portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, $90. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com . One glimpse of Katie’s face, and I was hooked. Not only did she fall into my beloved “black & white” category, but she came with a full moustache and doe-like eyes. I first covered the canvas with a variety of blues and purples, using a (mixed) light green and pink for the highlights. (Right now my palette has been expanded to include the following: pthalo blue red, azurite hue, cad red dark, alizarine crimson, cad yellow dark, and then for graying/hazing out I use light green yellow and ultramarine purple.) I lighten with titanium white and darken with one of the blues and a touch of one of the reds. As a side note, at this time last year I was really struggling with my limited palette (I went from about 60 pots of paint to 3), but I have lived the benefits – I am so much more familiar with what I can mix given just this handful of colors. My paintings are also m...

Comments
Post a Comment