"Yoshi," a painted sketch, roughly 4" x 5" on a 9" x 12" sheet of bristol board, done in acrylics, blood, sweat and tears. This piece is in a private collection - thank you very much!
Fabulous date last nite with My Better Half and the Amazing Amanda Palmer. And tonite we have another date, this time with the Lake Orion High School Drumline Parent Corps (in other words, the parent volunteers).
Tomorrow I'm filming an interview at a local cable channel and delivering a couple paintings for an in-home audition before leading my wonderful group of grownUP Journallers in our last gathering of the year.
Wild and crazy stuff happening around these parts!!
Fondly,
Kim, who is nearly finished with the book Gone Girl and isn't quite sure how to follow it up
|
“Katie’s Moustache,” 6x12, pet portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, $90. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com . One glimpse of Katie’s face, and I was hooked. Not only did she fall into my beloved “black & white” category, but she came with a full moustache and doe-like eyes. I first covered the canvas with a variety of blues and purples, using a (mixed) light green and pink for the highlights. (Right now my palette has been expanded to include the following: pthalo blue red, azurite hue, cad red dark, alizarine crimson, cad yellow dark, and then for graying/hazing out I use light green yellow and ultramarine purple.) I lighten with titanium white and darken with one of the blues and a touch of one of the reds. As a side note, at this time last year I was really struggling with my limited palette (I went from about 60 pots of paint to 3), but I have lived the benefits – I am so much more familiar with what I can mix given just this handful of colors. My paintings are also m...
Comments
Post a Comment