"Rocky," 6" square, commissioned portrait of a Golden Retriever senior citizen, done in acrylics on a museum quality panel. Rocky has a home (THANK YOU!) but I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about getting one of my paintings in to your own home.
This is my final week for commissions - and in addition to celebrating the end of another spectacular year (including nearly 150 new paintings!!), the Santini family is marking two very special days.
The Man Child turns 18 today, and The Princess will be 12 on Saturday.
Chocolate cake for everyone!!
(And Psst, let me know if you want to be added to the A-List of gift-givers, because I can totally hook you up with a gift certificate),
Kim, who is ready to start the party
|
“Katie’s Moustache,” 6x12, pet portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, $90. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com . One glimpse of Katie’s face, and I was hooked. Not only did she fall into my beloved “black & white” category, but she came with a full moustache and doe-like eyes. I first covered the canvas with a variety of blues and purples, using a (mixed) light green and pink for the highlights. (Right now my palette has been expanded to include the following: pthalo blue red, azurite hue, cad red dark, alizarine crimson, cad yellow dark, and then for graying/hazing out I use light green yellow and ultramarine purple.) I lighten with titanium white and darken with one of the blues and a touch of one of the reds. As a side note, at this time last year I was really struggling with my limited palette (I went from about 60 pots of paint to 3), but I have lived the benefits – I am so much more familiar with what I can mix given just this handful of colors. My paintings are also m...
Rocky fait partie de vos très nombreux merveilleux portraits... Bravo !
ReplyDeleteGros bisous.
Merci, Martine!
Delete