|
While everyone else is painting fruit and pottery, I'm the one in the corner with a tub of dolls and parts, happily pushing paint.
I always was the proverbial Purple Cow.
Today we learned that the best still life paintings contain:
- A design concept superseding the objects painted
- A whole that is much larger than the sum of the parts
- Light elevating the setup
We talked about the storytelling aspect of a still life, it's symbolic content (whether that's planned or accidental), and how it might read over time (transcendence). We also drew a parallel between a good book and a good painting - each tells you just enough, and your brain fills in the rest.
I laid this one out with the above in mind. And when I titled her "Corpse" I swear I was thinking of the yoga corpse pose and not a murder scene.
I guess I should be grateful the group is eating lunch with me, eh?
Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork!
Happy holidays!
Warmly, Kim
|
Comments
Post a Comment