"Holiday Lights (Mona Lisa, 2010)," 5" x 7", Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, depicting a four month old Mona nestled amidst a tangle of Christmas lights. You can snag the original for $289 by bring the first to email. SOLD. You can order the painting on blank notecards through my Imagekind shop. Personally, I think this design will make for a wonderful seasonal card or thank you note. Feel free to browse my Imagekind notecards and reproductions - you might also find something for a couple people on your list! (Don't see what you want? that's ok - shoot me an email and I'll get it taken care of!) Want a similar painting starring your own pet? That's easy to do - inquiries may come to me. Thanks for looking at, and sharing, my artwork with your friends and family - Kim
|
“Katie’s Moustache,” 6x12, pet portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, $90. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com . One glimpse of Katie’s face, and I was hooked. Not only did she fall into my beloved “black & white” category, but she came with a full moustache and doe-like eyes. I first covered the canvas with a variety of blues and purples, using a (mixed) light green and pink for the highlights. (Right now my palette has been expanded to include the following: pthalo blue red, azurite hue, cad red dark, alizarine crimson, cad yellow dark, and then for graying/hazing out I use light green yellow and ultramarine purple.) I lighten with titanium white and darken with one of the blues and a touch of one of the reds. As a side note, at this time last year I was really struggling with my limited palette (I went from about 60 pots of paint to 3), but I have lived the benefits – I am so much more familiar with what I can mix given just this handful of colors. My paintings are also m...
Mona Lisa toute pleine de couleurs est absolument adorable et me fait craquer!... Bisous
ReplyDeleteMona sends kisses right back! :) thank you!
ReplyDelete