"Incoming," 11" x 14", acrylics on a museum quality panel, depicting two labrador retriever pups, black and yellow, available for $599 to the first one asking nicely. Inquiries may come to me.
And in process pics are here, on the studio Facebook page.
It was a wonderfully rich day, starting with breakfast with my boys (Wednesdays are late starts at our high school, and our ritual is going out to breakfast), and ending with a revelry of music (we started with a guitar lesson and tied things up over flute practice).
And I chose a marvelously complex painting to complete today - I may not finish till after midnite, but I haven't felt this alive in a long time.
Was it starting my day with the asiago bagel warm from the oven and a hazelnut coffee? getting serenaded with astounding gee-tar picking skills? packing lunches while the kids debated chocolate chip pancakes vs peanut butter cookies?
Who knows? I'm loving it, though.
Fondly
Kim, who's vote is solidly peanut butter cookies. The warm, soft ones, of course.
|
“Katie’s Moustache,” 6x12, pet portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, $90. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com . One glimpse of Katie’s face, and I was hooked. Not only did she fall into my beloved “black & white” category, but she came with a full moustache and doe-like eyes. I first covered the canvas with a variety of blues and purples, using a (mixed) light green and pink for the highlights. (Right now my palette has been expanded to include the following: pthalo blue red, azurite hue, cad red dark, alizarine crimson, cad yellow dark, and then for graying/hazing out I use light green yellow and ultramarine purple.) I lighten with titanium white and darken with one of the blues and a touch of one of the reds. As a side note, at this time last year I was really struggling with my limited palette (I went from about 60 pots of paint to 3), but I have lived the benefits – I am so much more familiar with what I can mix given just this handful of colors. My paintings are also m...
"Incoming" is stunning! Gotta love a couple of Labs. - Becky
ReplyDeletethank you so much, Becky!
Delete