"Snuggle Bunny," 12" x 16", acrylics on a museum quality panel, depicting the now infamous golden retriever Nita (I've painted her more times than my own dog - she is the inspiration behind Cannonball and many other recent paintings!) and her beloved bunny, $629 to the first one asking nicely.
Inquiries via email, please and thank you!
So Nita took a little longer to finish than originally planned, but some things are worth it. I couldn't be happier with this one - but did have to force myself to stop for fear of overworking her.
Meanwhile, please take a moment to send a warm thought the way of Nita's mom, who is recovering from surgery. Nita's going stir crazy without someone to throw balls for her all day!! hee hee........
Thanks so very much for following along with my work!
Kim
|
“Katie’s Moustache,” 6x12, pet portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, $90. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com . One glimpse of Katie’s face, and I was hooked. Not only did she fall into my beloved “black & white” category, but she came with a full moustache and doe-like eyes. I first covered the canvas with a variety of blues and purples, using a (mixed) light green and pink for the highlights. (Right now my palette has been expanded to include the following: pthalo blue red, azurite hue, cad red dark, alizarine crimson, cad yellow dark, and then for graying/hazing out I use light green yellow and ultramarine purple.) I lighten with titanium white and darken with one of the blues and a touch of one of the reds. As a side note, at this time last year I was really struggling with my limited palette (I went from about 60 pots of paint to 3), but I have lived the benefits – I am so much more familiar with what I can mix given just this handful of colors. My paintings are also m...
Plein de caresses à Nita qui en a rudement besoin...
ReplyDeleteBravo pour cette très belle peinture qui a déchaîné vos pinceaux et vos couleurs pour y apporter toute cette tendresse qui se lit sur la toile.
Gros bisous
:) Thank you, Martine!!
Delete