Skip to main content

Kimberly Santini joins A Year of Wild Nature 2027 Online Course - and free Taster Sessions

 

My friend Tamara Laporte from Willowing Arts has invited me several times to be a part of her year long courses - and I was finally able to say yes!! I am so excited to share that I am an instructor in Tam’s 2027 course A Year of Wild Nature.

A Year of Wild Nature is a year-long, immersive mixed media art course designed to creatively explore nature and wildness in both literal and symbolic ways. Through paint, texture, colour, mark-making and imagination, students are invited to explore the natural world as well as their own inner wild nature.

This course is hosted by Tam and over 30 others (like me). We’ll explore forests, flowers, animals, seasons, skies, rivers, roots, wild gardens, earthy textures and the deeper themes of freedom, instinct, expression, belonging and creative liberation.

All lessons are themed around the concept of Wild Nature, ensuring a rich, varied and soulful learning experience. Through paint, texture, colour, mark-making and imagination, this course invites students to journey into nature, wildness, self-expression, freedom and creative connection.

To introduce you to the course and the artists teaching on it and to spend some wonderful time together making beautiful art works there is a Free Taster Event for A Year of Wild Nature happening next month.

The Taster Sessions are 9 days of FREE art sessions from the 30+ instructors centred. Make beautifully inspiring, nature-themed and expressive art pieces guided by an incredibly talented group of artists. Get a taste of what the year-long course would be like.

Inside The Taster Sessions there will also be opportunities to WIN a free seat in A Year of Wild Nature alongside other freebies and give aways.

It’s going to be an amazing 9 days of art making and inspiration around one of my favorite subjects, Mother Nature.

The Taster Sessions for A Year of Wild Nature includes:

  • Access to over 30+ free art sessions

  • Watch the sessions at your leisure in your own time (for the duration of the Taster Event - October 1-9th)

  • Join our Facebook Group with like-minded people from all over the world

  • Have the opportunity to enter into giveaways to win a spot on this brand new course

  • Receive free gifts from your art teachers

  • Enjoy free art & wellbeing activities

In my free lesson we’ll be painting sky. I’ll share my personal sky-centric color palette, walk you through swatching exercises, and demonstrate some unexpected, fresh and exciting ways to paint the essence of sky.

Join the free Taster Sessions by reserving your seat HERE

And if you enjoy the Tasters you can jump into a year’s worth of additional content. Spend 2027 with a wonderful creative community of like-minded souls, learning more about art inspired by nature, wildness, self-expression and freedom. And get two new, exclusive courses from yours truly.

Find out more and sign up for A Year of Wild Nature Here

Register for the Free Taster Sessions October 1-9 Here

Thanks everyone, I hope to see you there,

Big Wild Nature Love, Kim

Creativity documents our voices and builds community, something profoundly important right now. How can you help elevate and keep artists’ voices alive? It’s simple:

  • engage with your favorite artist via social media

  • share what they are creating with your friends

  • take a course and hone your own voice

  • purchase original art or reproductions (see below)

  • fill their tip jar (let’s be real, it’s all about Treats for Blue, the studio dog)

Your support keeps the arts alive, which means future generations will understand our perspectives long after we are gone. Thank you.

Buy Treats for Blue

Student Membership

Available Artwork

Reproductions

Paint With Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...