Skip to main content

Profusion 2.0

check her out, make her yours

Profusion 2.0 (the first Profusion got a glow up), 20x20, acrylic, pure imagination and Mother Nature on cradled panel, $1900, available through my website. Profusion 2.0 will arrive wired and ready to hang. S&H inside the contiguous US is on me. Hawaiian, Alaskan and Canadian shipping available at additional cost.

I’ve had the Bear+Mask paintings hanging together in the studio. This is a wonderful way to see passages with fresh eyes and allow the collection of work to inform other decisions. It’s also a great way to identify subtle shifts (or some not so subtle ones!) to consider as the pieces talk to each other.

After a little time, Profusion (the first one) felt a bit like two different paintings competing for attention. I began thinking about how to resolve this - which of the two different parts was the most exciting to me? and then how do I to bring the other passage in cohesively.....

This led to a demanding series of revisions - going slowly, lots of sitting and reviewing, then wiping out and trying again. (I have a series of worksheets and prompts outlining my approach inside my membership for the next 60 days)

Profusion 2.0 is available exclusively through my website.

As always, I am so grateful for your interest in my work.

Thank you so much for your support.

Big Profuse Love, Kim.

PS Payment plans on request for purchases greater than $500 - 30% non refundable deposit reserves the painting, with 6 months to pay off balance plus any s&h (my current pieces include s&h - paintings done prior to 2026 are at my old prices and s&h is a separate line item). Returning collectors - don’t forget to use “COLLECTOR10” discount at checkout for 10% off acquisitions. Questions can always come my way.

Creativity documents our voices and builds community, something profoundly important right now. How can you help elevate and keep artists’ voices alive? It’s simple:

  • engage with your favorite artist via social media

  • share what they are creating with your friends

  • take a course and hone your own voice

  • purchase original art or reproductions (see below)

  • fill their tip jar (let’s be real, it’s all about Treats for Blue, the studio dog)

Your support keeps the arts alive, which means future generations will understand our perspectives long after we are gone. Thank you.

Buy Treats for Blue

Student Membership

Available Artwork

Reproductions

Paint With Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Fisher Price Little People Puppy, Toy #10

"Little People Puppy (Toy #10)," 6" x 6," acrylics on masonite, starring a spunky little spaniel with jointed legs made by Fisher Price This painting is $75, with free shipping inside the US. Purchasing is as simple as  asking . I didn't play with this particular version of Little People toys, but I find them very sentimental never the less. They are well designed and charming. I tried to figure out what year Fisher Price made these particular jointed toys which I own (via ebay - I have circus characters too!), but got distracted learning about the history of Little People in general. They have seemingly been around for 50+ years! The Little People barn was a HUGE part of my childhood. The barn doors opened with a "mooooo," but in my head I heard welcoming nickers. Those horses and chickens were real. The brown and orange shag carpeting of my parent's family room became lush rolling pastures of green, and the Little People...